Read more about the crucial actions for everyone to take here.
We can also support the local and national response by:
Checking on elderly or vulnerable family, friends and neighbours by telephone. If you know someone who is vulnerable and struggling, you can refer them for help here.
- Joining your local Mutual Aid group.
- Donating to food banks if you are able. For a list of local foodbanks and what they need, enter your postcode here.
- Not buying more food and supplies than you need.
- Reducing the spread of misinformation by relying on information from trusted sources, such as that on the NHS or UK Government website.
- Checking for new advice as the situation changes.
- Checking and following the latest travel advice when travelling, living abroad, or planning to travel.
- Being understanding of the pressures the health and social care systems may be under, and receptive to changes that may be needed to the provision of care to you and your family.
- Accepting that the advice for managing COVID-19 for most people will be self-isolation at home and simple over-the-counter medicines.
Appeals by our local hospital trusts
Our three local hospital trusts' associated charities are all running special appeals for donations to help support staff and patients during the crisis.
- South London and Maudsley Trust (SLaM) and Maudsley Charity - appeal for donations to support staff and patients, and soap.
- Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital Trust and Charity - appeal for donations to support hospital staff welfare. Also on Justgiving here.
- King's College Hospital Trust and Charity - appeal for donations to support the welfare of hospital staff and patients.