Simply register as a 'referrer' with Family Fund and connect them with the BBC Children in Need Emergency Essential Grant Programme.
This fund aims to provide children and young peoples who are facing exceptionally difficult circumstances, with grant items that meet their most basic needs or are critical to their wellbeing.
They can deliver or fund critical items such as:
- Gas or electric cookers
- Essential household items
- Furniture and kitchen equipment
- Children's beds and bedding
- Washing machines
- Fridges and freezers
- Baby equipment
- Clothing in exceptional or emergency situations
Becoming a referrer & supporting the families you work with:
The grant is a referrer only programme and Family Fund want to work with as many organisations as possible in order to reach the families who are eligible for the grant.
- You can find more information & register as a referrer here.
- All applications are done through the referrer's online portal which you can access at: www.giftedmatrix.net
All staff need to register individually as separate referrers so that they can access their portal & track their applications.
You can find out more information about the eligibility criteria & what being a referrer for the grant means in these guidelines here.
- All furniture & kitchen appliances will be delivered to the beneficiary's home. Any kitchen appliances will be installed & appliances being replaced will be removed at time of delivery.
- The beneficiary will usually be contacted within three working days to arrange delivery.
- When writing your applications ensure that you put as much detail about the beneficiary's financial situation and the crisis which they are going through. Focus on the impact of the crisisand vulnerability on the child.
- Explain the impact the item will have on the child and what the impact would be if they didn't receive the grant.
- Before starting a new Emergency Essentials application, please use this checklist to collate the required information. There is no save and exit facility once you start an application.