What is ‘Enter and View’?
As a local Healthwatch, we have special legal powers to 'Enter and View' local health and social care services. This means we can enter and view (visit) all publicly funded health and social care services premises and speak to service users about their experience!
Where does Enter and View apply?
Legislation allows ‘Enter and View’ activity to be undertaken in the following organisations or persons:
- NHS Trusts
- NHS Foundation Trusts
- Local Authorities
- Dental Surgeries
- Adult social care homes and day-care centres
Who can carry out an ‘Enter and View’?
- An authorised Enter and View representative is a trained volunteer who can 'enter and view' health and social care settings in Southwark and help to gather the experiences and views of patients, consumers, carers and the wider public on behalf of Healthwatch Southwark.
- Due to the nature of the role, a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check is required. Healthwatch Southwark facilitates this and covers all costs
What will the role involve?
- To visit health and social care services to see and hear first-hand how services are provided
- To collect the feedback and views of service users (patients/residents), staff and carers at the point of service delivery
- To observe the nature and quality of services
- To collate evidence-based findings
- To work alongside the Healthwatch Southwark team to report findings and recommendations (good or bad) to service providers and where appropriate, other organisations i.e. CQC, Southwark Council, South East London Clinical Commissioning Group, NHS England, Healthwatch England and other identified partners
- To develop insights and recommendations across multiple visits to inform and influence strategic decision making.
What is required for this role?
- We are looking for people who are:
- Passionate about improving local health and social care services
- Passionate about helping people to have a voice
- Able to listen and communicate well with variety of people
- Impartial, non-judgemental, empathetic and show an ability to consider everyone’s perspective
- Able to work flexibly as part of a team
- Good observational skills
- Committed to equal opportunities practice e.g. challenging discrimination and prejudice
How much time is involved?
Enter and View visits will happen throughout the year, you will be informed of any upcoming visits in advance and will be asked if you would like to participate in the visits.
Enter and view visits usually last for 2-3 hours, in addition you will need to keep some time to write your feedback or be involved in a post visit feedback meeting.
We would like to request that all Enter and View representatives (trained authorised members) are committed to support the Enter and View Programme for a minimum of 3 months.
How to apply
You can apply for this role by filling out an application form and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, would like to find out more about the role, or require support filling out the application form please call us on 020 7358 7005 or email email@example.com.
Please outline any accessibility requirements that you may have in the application form.
We look forward to hearing from you.