About this event
A panel discussion about the impact of the Black Lives Matter movement on health and social care in the Royal Borough of Greenwich.
About this event
Who could have guessed the challenges that our society has faced in the last year? COVID-19 has changed the face of the NHS. And the Black Lives Matter movement has brought health inequalities to the spotlight in an unprecedented way.
Our health and social care system has changed because of these events. But it is impossible to ignore how much still needs to be done for true equity and equality of outcome.
In this upcoming Healthwatch Greenwich event, organised on the one-year anniversary of George Floyd’s murder, we will explore the impact of the Black Lives Matter movement on health and social care in the Royal Borough of Greenwich.
Join HW Greenwich to find out what commissioners have been doing to improve health and social care for marginalised communities in Royal Greenwich and how your views and feedback can influence the future of health and social care services in Royal Greenwich, and beyond.
From Royal Borough of Greenwich:
- Fiona Harris, Assistant Director of Public Health
- Sarah McClinton, Director of Health and Adult Services
From Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust:
- Sandra Iskander, Programme Director, Strategic Development
- Fay Blackwood, Associate Director of Organisational Development and Inclusion
From Oxleas NHS Trust:
- Karen Edmunds, Head of Equality and Human Rights
- Juliana Frederick-James, SLP Forensics Equalities Lead
- Sophia Ploumaki, Associate Director Greenwich Mental Health Services
From the south east London Clinical Commissioning Group:
- Neil Kennett-Brown, Place Based Director, Greenwich
- Introduction from Healthwatch Greenwich CEO Joy Beishon.
- A short presentation from each guest outlining institutional changes that have taken place in the last year as a result of the Black Lives Matter movement.
- Each presentation will be followed by a discussion where audience will be able to ask their questions.
- Wrap-up and final thoughts.
Please register on Eventbrite. You will be able to access the event from the Eventbrite page, or via the reminder emails.
This event will be recorded and uploaded on the Healthwatch Greenwich YouTube Channel.
If you need help registering for this event, please email email@example.com or call them on 020 8301 8340.