Why should you be a Healthwatch Community Research Volunteer?
As the patient consumer champion, we regularly hear about people’s experiences of local health and social care services.
As a Community Research Volunteer, you will help us utilise what people tell us to help us identify and address health and social care issues within Southwark.
What will the role involve?
There are many things you can get involved in as a Community Research Volunteer! Some of which includes:
- Conducting desk-based research for our research projects, articles for the website etc
- Assisting with our research projects e.g. facilitating focus groups, conducting phone interviews with the support of Healthwatch staff
- Helping expand our online signposting directory on our website
- Collating and analysing patient and public experience intelligence and data
- Opportunities to undertake your own mini-research projects with the support of Healthwatch staff
What is required for this role?
- An interest in improving local health and social care services
- Experience of using IT packages, including Microsoft Office
- Good Research skills (desirable but not essential)
- Be comfortable volunteering from home
- Access to internet/email
How much time is involved?
- We will always work closely with you to ensure your volunteering role fits with your personal and social commitments.
- We ask for a minimum commitment of 3 months.
How to apply?
- You can apply for this role by filling out an application form and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have any questions, would like to find out more about the role, or require support filling out the application form please call us on 020 7358 7005 or email email@example.com.
- Please outline any accessibility requirements that you may have in the application form.
We look forward to hearing from you!