Do you know…if you are entitled to social care support?

Find out more information on where to access support.
Mother and young son

1. What social care support does Southwark Council offer me? 

The Care Act 2014 requires Southwark Council to provide information and guidance to residents on how to stay well and, in certain circumstances, to intervene when care and support needs may be impacting on a person’s health and wellbeing, and the outcomes they want to achieve.  

If you appear to need long term care and support, the Act sets out criteria under which the council may be required to complete an assessment with you within a reasonable time period, taking into account the urgency of your needs. 

Find out more

2. What support is available if I am a young person aged between 0 and 25? 

For children and young people up to the age of 25, Southwark Council has developed the ‘Local Offer’. 

Find out more

3. Are there local organisations in Southwark that can also help me? 

The Southwark Wellbeing Hub hosts a directory of services provided to local residents by the voluntary and community centre. 

More info


4. How do I obtain an advocate? 

If you are having considerable difficulty in engaging in the Care Act process, you may be eligible for advocacy. In Southwark, this service is provided by PoHWER

Find further information on the Care Act advocacy service and how to access this: 

More info

Can't find what you're looking for?

If you still need further information or have questions, please contact us and we can help you with your query.  

Contact us