The Healthwatch Southwark Manager will ensure the delivery of our statutory responsibilities to the highest possible standard, thus supporting local people to use health and social care, and making their voices heard so that services can improve.
They will take a particular lead on ensuring our influence, including through representing Healthwatch Southwark (HWS) and our findings, and building relationships across the full range of partners.
Community Southwark host Healthwatch Southwark as an independent champion for health and social care users. We have strong and productive links with the Voluntary and Community Sector (VCS) in Southwark, its funders, Southwark Council, Partnership Southwark and the local NHS.
Healthwatch Southwark’s vision is for Southwark residents to be able to access and receive the best possible health and social care services, appropriate for our diverse communities.
There is a Healthwatch in every area of England, and an umbrella body - Healthwatch England. Healthwatch is a statutory function funded by, but independent from, local authorities.
Details of the role:
Responsible to: Director
- Contract Duration: Until 31 March 2022, with potential for extension depending on funding
- Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
- Direct reports: Healthwatch Southwark team and additional consultancy project staff; occasionally Healthwatch volunteers (including members of the Healthwatch South East London Patient Group)
- Location: 1 Addington Square, Camberwell, London, SE5 0HF. Some travel will be required.
Please note: This post may need to work from home following Covid-19 guidelines. Meetings may be held online, and travel may be limited to essential only.
Working From Home Allowance: Anyone working from home is entitled to claim their working from home allowance from the Government.
If you would like to apply for this post, please send:
- A full CV
- A covering letter, maximum of 2-sides of A4, outlining why you are interested in this role and how your experience meets the job description and person specification on page 7-8 of this recruitment pack
- An Equal Opportunities form
IMPORTANT: We are committed to ensuring our recruitment procedure is completely free from risks of unconscious bias. We therefore kindly ask you to remove your name and any indication of your gender, ethnicity or other personal information from both your CV and Cover Letter, that's not related to your work experience or skill set.
If you wish to have an informal conversation about the role, please call Krzysztof Mikata-Pralat, Director on 020 7358 7251.
We particularly encourage applications from disabled, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) people and people from the LGBT communities.
Please also read our GDPR Privacy Notice For Applicants.
- Closing date: Sunday, 17 January 2021 (midnight). We reserve the right the close the applications earlier than this day.
- Interviews: (TBC)
- Preferred Start Date: ASAP