Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust need 6-10 patients and/or carers to join a new panel that will assess how well services are meeting the needs of their diverse local communities.
The trust would particularly welcome the involvement of patients and carers who share some of the 9 characteristics that are protected by equalities legislation and policies (Age, Marriage or civil partnership, Pregnancy and maternity, Sex, Sexual orientation, Gender reassignment, Disability, Religion or belief and Race).
How does it work?
The panel will meet twice a year.
- They will make you welcome, respect and value your contribution
- You will bring a patient/carer perspective to discussions and decision making
- They will support you before, during and after meetings and visits to services - with time to discuss any questions or queries you might have
- You will prepare for meetings and visits to services by reading papers and other information
- They will reimburse your expenses for attending meetings in line with Trust policy.