The research project is being carried out by a research team at Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) London and they are currently looking for participants.
You must have one or more long-term health conditions (such as diabetes, asthma, heart disease, depression).
You must also be a resident in either the Lambeth or Southwark Boroughs and of working age.
Duration and methods:
- During your first meeting with the researcher, you will be asked to complete 2 interview questionnaires about your finances and your health (approximately 1.5 hours).
- You will be asked to keep a financial diary of your income and expenditure over a period of 6 months. During this period, you will meet with the researcher once a month to discuss your financial diary, as well as your health and well-being.
- You will be asked to complete 2 card-sorting exercises (45 minutes each), which involves ranking written statements according to how similar they are to your point of view.
- You may be invited to take part in 1 or 2 in-depth interviews (approximately 1-2 hours).
- At the end of the study, you will be asked to complete 1 interview questionnaire (approximately 45 minutes).
Benefits of taking part:
You will be paid for your participation in this research project. How much you receive, depends on the extent of your participation.
For the first and final meeting with the researcher, you will receive a sum of £30. For each completed financial diary, you will receive £30. For each card-sorting exercise, you will receive £20. For each in-depth interview, you will receive £20. The total payment you could receive, is up to £255.