Why should you be a Healthwatch Southwark Community Engagement and Signposting Volunteer?
People’s feedback of health and social care services they use play a very important role in improving services for everyone. As a community engagement and signposting volunteer, you will talk to local people about their views and experiences of health and social care services to help us identify and address health and social care issues within Southwark.
What will the role involve?
- Speaking to people in Southwark about their experiences of local health and social care services (gathering feedback)
- Raising awareness of Healthwatch Southwark in your local community
- Engaging with people at libraries, community centres, hospitals, GPs, parks and at community events.
- Supporting our Feedback and Signposting Clinics
- Supporting people to access relevant services they may need
- Recording feedback and information
What is required for this role?
- Someone who enjoys listening and communicating with people from different backgrounds
- Be willing to travel to different parts of the borough
- Passionate about improving local health and social care service
- Feel comfortable in taking notes and writing them up.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office, including Word (desirable, not essential)
How much time is involved?
This volunteering role is flexible and will fit around your schedule. We will always let you know in advance if you can commit to undertaking organised activities in the community, and you can let us know if you are able to support us. We will always work closely with you to ensure your volunteering role fits with your personal and social commitments.
We ask for a minimum commitment of 3 months.
How to apply?
- You can apply for this role by filling out the application form and emailing it to email@example.com
- If you have any questions, would like to find out more about the role, or require support filling out the application form please call us on 020 7358 7005 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please outline any accessibility requirements that you may have in the application form.
We look forward to hearing from you!