In an emergency, you should always call 999.
If you are a child or young person and would like to talk to someone straight away, contact:
- Childline - a free, private and confidential service for anyone under 19 years old in the UK where you can talk about anything.
Call for free: 0800 1111
1-2-1 Counsellor Chat Online
- Samaritans- available anytime, day or night, for anyone struggling to come, who needs someone to listen without judgement ir pressure.
Call for free: 116 123
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (response time 24 hours)
Download the Samaritans Self-Help App
- Calm - call 0800 58 58 58 / webchat (all-age)
- Switchboard - the LGBT+ Helpline. A safe space for anyone to discuss anything, including sexuality, gender identity, sexual health and emotional well-being.
Call: 0300 330 0630
- Shout- Text Shout to 85258 (all-age)
- The Mix- Call 0808 808 4994 / email / online chat (under 25s)
Mental Health Support
- The Nest offers free and confidential mental wellbeing advice and support for young people aged 11-25 in Southwark.
They have a series of 'Wellbeing Guides' on their website, offering information and advice on Anxiety, Stress, Low Mood, Anger, Self Esteem, Resilience, Covid-19 Support and Self Care.
- Brook- offers free, confidential sexual health services for people aged 24 and under in Southwark, offering contraception and emergency contraception, STI testing, free condoms, wellbeing support and more.
Visit a Brook service
- NAZ- aim to redress sexual health inequalities to enable all people from minority communities to enjoy positive sexual health and wellbeing.
Visit: 30 Blacks Rd, Hammersmith, London W6 9DT
Call: 0208 741 1879
Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence
- The Havens- a network of specialist sexual assault referral centres (SARCs) located across London and open 24/7.
For urgent advice/ appointments, call: 020 3299 6900
- Rape Crisis Call 0808 802 9999 / online chat (16 and over)
- Victim Support Call 0800 123 6600 / online chat (all ages)
- GALOP Call 0800 999 5428 (LGBTQ+, all ages)
- The Survivors Trust Call 08088 010 818 (all ages)
Drugs and Alcohol
- Change Grow Live - offer help and advice with challenges you’re facing, whether that’s drugs, alcohol, your mental health or relationships.
- Yuva- works with young people (age 11 – 25) who have been abusive to their parents/carers and in their close relationships.They help young people to look at their abusive behaviour and find safe, non-abusive alternatives.
Call: 020 82222 8281
- NHS 111- dial 111 (England and Wales, all ages)